List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: MPEG Layer 3
From:       Scott Harrison <scotthar () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1997-03-27 22:39:31

Hi Anton,

Sorry I missed your point.  What you are looking for is the FGH
"producer professional"  version of that codec.  It is avaliable from
FhG.  http://www.iis.fhg.de/audio is what their popup dialog indicates
as the link for more information.

There are 2 components in a CODEC and encoder and a decoder.  What is
shipped in the Player will decode any of the formats. We only ship the
"producer basic" encoder which means <= 24 kBit/s, mono only from our
tools package.

You need to contact FhG. You also might check out this link on their
site. http://www.iis.fhg.de/departs/amm/layer3/index.html

We may have a link to them in the future on the NetShow site for
convenience and discoverability but how and where you get the codec you
are asking for is up to them.

thanks
scott-