List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: Video Bit Rates (Vivo codec)
From:       Scott Harrison <scotthar () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1997-03-27 4:32:54

This is to clarify the point raised by David

> Microsoft seems to be
> coming up with an ActiveX - like automatic download procedure for
> codecs in
      the NetShow client

Yes we are working on a way to do this.  The web author would in essence
"CodeBase" the codec install and bingo it will install just like any
other ActiveX component.  We have this working now but are still
investigating some of the possible scenarios for the best possible user
experience.

I have noted these requests and look for more information in the near
future.

thanks
scott-