List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    Re: simple task
From:       Eric Perlin <ericperl () WINDOWS ! MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2003-09-04 19:04:58

Tro, one of your previous questions implies that you are not using
Windows For Smartcard compatible cards.
The VB toolkit is going to be of no use to you with these cards.
You need the description of the APDU command set for your cards and you
have the SCardXXX apis to communicate with the cards.

The Windows for SC toolkit is only useful with cards featuring chips
loaded with the Windows for SC OS.
Atmel (AVR) & Infineon (SLE) both had such chips.

Eric Perlin [MS]