List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    Re: ResourceManager connection fails (SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE)
From:       Eric Perlin <ericperl () WINDOWS ! MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2003-08-28 14:33:51

If you have used these unsupported command line arguments, all bets are off.
Looking at the XP code, the registration of the service is indeed wrong.
Also part of the registration is done via inf files during setup...

For legacy devices, there is another service: the sc helper service.
This one is supposed to run as LocalService too.

If that doesn't fix things, the last check I would make are the registry ACLs on the \
Calais key and it's children. Duplicate from an installation that works.

Beyond this, I believe a clean install of the OS is the option left.

Eric Perlin [MS]