List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    Again: SCardUIDlgSelectCard and OPENCARD_SEARCH_CRITERIA
From:       Rupak Chandra <rchandra () IWV ! COM>
Date:       2002-01-26 7:08:25

Anybody from MS tuned in ???

-Rupak-

-----------------------------------
I have a question regd. the SCardUIDlgSelectCard and
OPENCARD_SEARCH_CRITERIA.
Is it possible to use the common dialog (SCardUIDlgSelectCard)
to select a card which has *NOT* been registered into the smart
card database.

Putting it the other way, what I want is that I be able select
a card (with an arbitrary ATR string), and subsequently do my
application specific processing after I've return from the common
dialog (SCardUIDlgSelectCard).

(Ofcourse, I could register the card using SCardIntroduceCardType),
or by manually creating the entries in the Registry, but that won't
really help me because I'm looking for a way to be able to select
*ANY* card).

Thanks in advance for your help!

(BTW, I'm using Windows XP, and Nov 2001 SDK).

Regards
-Rupak Chandra-