List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    Re: Microsoft PC/SC implementation for multithread
From:       Eric Perlin <ericperl () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2001-11-05 17:51:53

The scenario that we want to avoid is:
Application presents a PIN, then crashes.
If no reset occurs, the card is opened for use for all the other
applications.

You should only need to handle this reconnect if reset logic at the
beginning of a transaction.
I don't believe a reset would occur while a transaction is in progress
in another context.

Hope this helps.