List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    ListCards method
From:       Alessandro Sgroi <asgroi () XENIAPROGETTI ! IT>
Date:       1999-05-26 15:14:47

Hi everybody!

What I've to do:
Retrieving all smartcard names matching a specified ATR string.

What I've done:
I've tried to use ISCardDatabase::ListCards (and also SCardListCards)
method and I've noticed they were looking for these names under the key
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\ in the registry, where
there are some keys regarding readers (under the Readers subkey) but
nothing about smartcards (under the SmartCards subkey).

Questions:
- Is it necessary to have these entries in the registry to retrieve the
list of the smartcard names?
And, if the answer is 'yes':
- Why i've no entries about smartcards in that registry key?
- Who has to write these parameters in the registry?
- Must I do this by using the SCardIntroduceCardType method?
While, if it is 'no':
- How to get this list of smartcard names matching the specified ATR
string?

Regards, Alessandro.