List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    Re: Dual Readers in 95?
From:       Vince Poole <vpoole () TRITHEIM ! COM>
Date:       1998-09-29 16:41:08

Doug Barlow wrote:

> Alternatively, if your driver responds to the name SCReader0 and it is
> listed in the VXD driver list, this would result.  Devices should either
> have the name SCReader<n> via the WDM driver model, or be in the VXD list,
> but not both.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the rapid response.

Bit, I'm confused.  As part of initialization, my driver calls
SmartcardCreateLink().  When running a debug version of SMCLIB, it reports
something like "SCREADER0 created for TSPSCRDT.VXD".  This Name/Value
combination is what shows up under SMCLIB\Readers in the registry.  It's been my
understanding that I have to call this function.  What are you referring to when
you say VXD list --  HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\Vxd?  One of my
drivers is indeed loaded via its own entry (\Vxd\TSPSCRDT) in this registry
branch -- there's no other way for it to load at boot (this reader is not yet
PnP).

Thanks,
Vince