List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    Problems installing
From:       Rinaldo Di Giorgio <rinaldo () GOTHAM ! EAST ! SUN ! COM>
Date:       1998-01-03 14:52:44

Hello,

    I recently installed the latest SmartCard SDK 1.0 and the iWINBASE
    software and have been unable to use SmartCard readers on my system.

    The directions for installing the smartcard software scbase.exe indicate
    that after it is done you should  have some removable components in
    the control panel -- add remove program panel -- this does not
    occur on my system.

    I have also installed readers for the Bull CP8 and Litronic A210. I have
    a small program that attempts to list the card readers and I get back
    nothing other than the two nulls to indicate the end of the list.

    Any help would be most welcome.

Sun Microsystems Computer Company          212-558-9211 Fax:212-558-9449
        One New York Plaza, 32nd Floor New York    8915008@skymail.com
NYC, NY 10004                              800-SKYPAGE PIN = 8915008
External http://www.sun.com/            Internal http://phantomlord.east
PGP KEY:
Personal: r.digiorgio@ieee.org rinaldo@acm.org digior@ix.netcom.com