List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    HID Clients
From:       Derek Diamond <derek () DIAMONDSOFTWARECONCEPTS ! COM>
Date:       2001-01-11 11:52:18

I am writing a smartcard reader driver for a USB device.
I am able to successfully connect to the HID driver for this and
get the preparsed data.

The documentation says I should intercept the FileObjectpointer in the
MJ_CREATE handler for use with communication with the HID driver via
MJ_READ/WRITE.

Using this handle gives the error code "Privelege not held by client"

I decided then to open my own file handle to the device via
IoGetdeviceObjectpointer. However It always returns the error
"Sharing Violation"

So what file object handle can I use for communication with the HID class
driver?

Regards

Derek