List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    2 questions
From:       Ray Yang <rayyang2000 () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2000-11-30 1:23:44

Hi,

My smart card reader is a USB equipment and I've written a driver based on the Bull's \
TLP3 from DDK. Now, I meet these problems:

1. After I plug in the reader, the ICC manager sends IOCTL_SMARTCARD_POWER and \
SCARD_COLD_RESET to my callback function. And it sends IOCTL_SMARTCARD_POWER with \
SCARD_POWER_DOWN. Is it correct? Why does the reader should power down? Is this due \
to the plug & play? Or power management?

2. After I pull out the reader, the driver stops at
SmartcardReleaseRemoveLockAndWait(smartcardExtension);
I've searched in the DDK documents and found that this function help me to ensure \
that no unload code is executed as long as some other driver code is active. How can \
I know which code of my driver is still active?

Any hints are welcome.
Thanks.
-Ray Yang
ICQ: 26555015