List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    A looping problem of the resource manager
From:       "Lo, Chin-Ran" <crlo () O2MICRO ! COM ! TW>
Date:       2000-11-25 20:52:10

Dear Sir:
I am writing a WDM smartcard reader driver. I found once my driver was
loaded , my DeviceIoCtrl function will be called continuously, even though
there was no smartcard in the reader, the message was:

IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_STATE
IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_ABSENT
IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_PRESENT
IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_STATE
IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_ABSENT

I would call "SmartcardDeviceControl" in the function. When the code
is "IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_STATE", the returned value is success. When the
code is either "IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_ABSENT" or "IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_PRESENT",
the returned code is "STATUS_DEVICE_BUSY". My testing platform is Win2K and
Win98.

Have any one ever met this problem? Thank you a lot!

Lo