List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Installation  problem in Win200
From:       Mark Shnaider <mark () ARX ! COM>
Date:       2000-03-29 10:49:29

Hello all,
Could you clarify a couple things for me.
I have installed  WDM driver for non PnP SmartCatdreader in Win98 using
HardwareWizard.(  choose add a new device,other deivices .have disk..)
VesionSection  in INF file contain  class and giud  SmartCatdreader
class.
In INF file I use DeviceID   *arls\prsafe.  It work properly in Win98.

But in WIn2000  installation procces failed and  HardwareWizard
display  messade "The specfied location not contain information about
your Hardware".
I dont understand dependences  Class,Giuid in VesionSection and
DeviceID.!
Maby   SmartCatdreader installer require only definite DeviceID(
serial,Pci ....)?
Where I can found something about this problem?
Thanks for any help.
Mark