List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    VCOMM
From:       Andy Lin <b5506018 () CSIE ! NTU ! EDU ! TW>
Date:       2000-02-20 12:37:54

hi everyone:
    I am trying writing a Serial PC/SC driver..and use the SCARD99 V3.10 to
test the driver.In the disabler test,the test enable and disable the driver
repeatedly,but sometimes I failed the test due to the failure of calling
VCOMM_OpenComm when the test try to re-enable the driver.
I am sure that I had call VCOMM_CloseComm last time the test disable the
driver.And the problem is "sometimes" happen.

I had try to Close the comport again before calling VCOMM_OpenComm,the
situagion chages to that VCOMM_OpenComm,VCOMM_GetSetCommTimeouts,
VCOMM_SetCommState success,but when I try to SETDTR,it fail again.I called
VCOMM_GetLastError,it returned 0 meaning that I had passed the invalid
handle.But I hve no idea how this happen.

ps.The first time of initializing driver will always ok.

Is there anything I should do to before VCOMM_CloseComm to make the next
VCOMM_OpenComm success?
Do any one have such problem before?Can any one help me with this?
Another question:Can I use the WDM serial driver in win98.If yes,how do I
build mydriver?because there is no such header file in 98DDK..
Thanx in advance
                                           Andy Lin
                                           Castles Automation