List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: SCardListReaders and ScardConnect problem
From:       Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.nodet () PHILIPS ! COM>
Date:       2000-01-18 6:20:22

The key is created by the resource manager.
Be sure to launch it before you try to connect to the card in your app.

Guillaume Nodet
Philips Semiconductors

mark@ARX.COM@SMTP@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM on 17/01/2000 18:57:12
Please respond to SmartCardDDK@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM@SMTP
Sent by:        SmartCardDDK@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM
To:     SmartCardDDK@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM@SMTP
cc:
Subject:        SCardListReaders and ScardConnect problem
Classification: Restricted
Hello,
Our WDM driver passed ifdtest  under Win98..
But don't work properly .if  I use  in my application   functions:
SCardListReaders and ScardConnect.

Key of our reader  wasn't created after installation in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\Readers
directory.(INF file have section:
      SmartCardReaderClassReg]
      HKR,,,0,%ClassName%
     HKR,,Icon,,-25
     HKLM,"\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\Readers",,, )

 I don't understand  when  is  performed  creating reader' key in
directory
.....\Calais\Readers
I tried to create this key manually, but   ScardConnect failed (driver
didn't receive any requests)
Thanks for any help
Excuse for bad english.
Matk.