List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Card tracking ..
From:       Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.nodet () PHILIPS ! COM>
Date:       2000-01-14 14:53:45

For my dual serial smartcard reader under W2K, i've got a problem when the
scardsvr service is starting.
It tries to open the two slots and start card tracking.
For the first slots, all works but for the second there is a problem.
The IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_PRESENT is sent (the card is not inserted)
and returns STATUS_PENDING.
Then the RM sends a IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_LAST_ERROR and
then cancels the card tracking and closes the slot (IRP_MJ_CLOSE).

What can i do wrong ?
What does the RM verifies when the IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_PRESENT returns STATUS_PENDING ?
How can I retreive the error returned by the IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_LAST_ERROR
 (because the irp is deallocated before the return of the SmartcardDeviceControl function ?

Guillaume Nodet
Philips Semiconductors