List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    How to handle hibernation mode on Win 98 and Win 98 ACPI
From:       Stefan Swoboda <Stefan.Swoboda () ABG1 ! SIEMENS ! DE>
Date:       1999-11-19 13:17:06

Hi all,
could somebody give me a little help.
Our driver passed the complete IFDTest on a system which has
Win 98 SE and ACPI installed, but it runs into trouble on a system
with Win 98 SE and no ACPI support.
The driver then gets the same Power massages as on the ACPI system
but after the driver receives the wake up call and handle this
 the system unloads and reloads the driver, too.

Could somebody give me a short description how Power Management
should be handled in a vxd to solve the problem for both systems,
with and without ACPI support.

Best regards
Stefan

Fujitsu Computers