List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: Win 2000 SCardSrv EventLog Entry
From:       "Doug Barlow (Exchange)" <dbarlow () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1999-10-30 0:54:02

Let me make sure I've got this right.  If you update your driver, you get an
Event Log Message, but physically removing and reinstalling the device,
doesn't produce an Event Log?  That's probably not the
SCARD_ATTR_DEVICE_IN_USE ping, since for RC2, I turn off the service's event
logging while making that call.

It might be something like an attempt to power down the card when the device
goes offline.

Doug