List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9f._:_Re:_Secure_PIN_smart_card_reader?=
From:       Christophe Colas <Christophe.Colas () BULL ! NET>
Date:       1999-08-09 16:10:37

The PC/SC Workgroup is currently working on the specifications 2.0 whic=
should include extensions to support IFDs with enhanced capabilities su=
ch
as readers with PINPad, display, ... in a new part, that is "Part 9". I=
t is
based on the notion of an IFD Service Provider similar to the ICC Servi=
ce
Provider.

For now, we plan to make it public for comments around the end of the y=
ear.
If there are a lot of interests, it might be possible to release a very=

first draft earlier for the interested parties.

Best Regards,

Christophe Colas
Bull Smart Cards & Terminals
Phone: 33 1 39 66 42 29
Fax:   33 1 39 66 43 51
mailto:Christophe.Colas@bull.net
Visit us at http://www.cp8.bull.net.

Rich Schlesinger <Rich_S1@VERIFONE.COM> sur 09/08/99 17:40:38

Veuillez r=E9pondre =E0 SmartCardDDK <SmartCardDDK@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.CO=

Pour :    SmartCardDDK@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM
cc :   (ccc : Christophe Colas/FR/BULL)
Objet :   Re: Secure PIN smart card reader

=

VeriFone is also planning to define Vendor escapes for secure pin entry.
We would be very interested in cooperating with others on the definition
of this functionality.

Regards, Rich Schlesinger
Rich Schlesinger
Mgr, SW Development