List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: Is it necessary to develop different drivers for NT 4 and
From:       Jeff Chung <jeff_chung () BIGFOOT ! COM>
Date:       1999-07-09 3:01:33

Alex and Klaus,

Thank you and I found it!

It's odd that the directory 'smartcrd' didn't show up in the folder view of
Explorer after installation, but I found it when I searched the whole NTDDK
directory.

As for the question of Alex's, yes, you need a VxD driver for Win98.
There're many differences between a VxD and an NT driver, but basically
they're running in a same model ( structure, workflow, whatever ). You don't
have to redesign one, only a lot of details need  to take care of. I've
developed both VxD and NT driver based on the DDK samples, the only problem
I'd encountered is that SCardSvr didn't find my driver. That's a problem of
the Base Component, and MS has a 'work around' on it.

Jeff