List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    problem when calling smartcardDeviceControl()
From:       Andy Lin <b5506018 () CSIE ! NTU ! EDU ! TW>
Date:       1999-07-07 14:38:54

hi:
First,I use ifdtest to test my vxd
When I call SmartcardDeviceControl function in my deviceIoControl function
the first three IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_ATTRIBUTE
works fine...but when next IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_ABSENT
I recieved a exception error.
I had traced into the smclib.vxd,found that it was a address error.
Next,I tried  to use scdrvchk.exe to test
the first two IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_ATTRIBUTE worked fine too,
but the test following which tries to get the DEFAULT_CLK,MAX_CLK
and MAX_IFDS got the different value compared with the value I set
in my initial routine.
ex. I set MAX_IFDS = 254, but SMCLIB.VXD found MAX_IFDS == 0
    So,I got the exception error again.

So I guessed that the exception with IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_ABSENT
is because the function pointer assigned to
psmartcardExtension->ReaderFunction[RDF_CARD_TRACKING]
is also not saw by SmartcardDeviceControl();
but I am sure of these value are all set and correct before calling
SmartcardDeviceControl()
Can anyone help me with this..
BEST regard
     Andy Lin