List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: Betr.:: Re: multi-card reader and card reset
From:       Klaus Schutz <kschutz () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1999-06-21 15:31:57

Mathias,

card tracking is a two step process:
1. The resource manager calls you with a card tracking request. Your driver
usually returns STATUS_PENDING.
2. Once the card status changes (insertion or removal) your driver has to
complete
the request (IoCompleteRequest). The Irp that has to be completed is the
NotificationIrp.

Please, take a look at the Bull driver example in the DDK. TLP3CardTracking
performs step one and TLP3SerialEvent together with TLP3CardTracking
perform step 2.

Klaus U Schutz
Microsoft