List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    IFD Handlers
From:       "Yella Veera, Prakash (IE10)"
Date:       1999-05-04 7:56:08

 Hi,

Iam developing Smart card readers that sit on a proprietary network. And
we use a PC to communicate(RS232) with the readers on the network. As a
system provider I wish to provide the developers of PC based tools a
PC/SC compliant interface to my system.

Is it sufficient for me to develop and ship just the IFD handler for my
devices? is the DDK the right environment to develop such DLLs?

Secondly, my DLLs apart from providing the standard IFD interfaces
(mentioned in section 3.0 of PC/Sc standard) will also provide other
interfaces that are needed to meet the requirements of my network
protocol (nothing to with smart cards). In that case can I call my DLLs
Pc/SC compliant?

Thanks
Prakash