List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: Is new version of smclib still working correct for chained T=
From:       "Klaus Schutz (Exchange)" <kschutz () EXCHANGE ! MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-11-24 16:53:20

Johannes,

your observation is correct. The ATR parser of the previous
version of the smart card library did not parse T=1
parameters correctly. This caused in the past that the
smart card library took 'default' timing parameters,
(See ISO 7816-3 9.5.3 Waiting Times) which usually are
longer timeouts than indicated in the ATR of the card.
This means that your driver now times out.

This is because the minimum wait time is now smaller than
you can delay execution on most machines. You should query
the minimum time you can delay execution. Here is an NT example:

minWaitTime = (KeQueryTimeIncrement() / 10000) * 5;

You should not program the serial driver with timeout values
smaller than this minimum wait time.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Klaus U. Schutz
Microsoft

P.S. We could only verify that logo'ed driver still work
with the new version. Unfortunately, the German Geldkarte
is not part of the test set.