List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Could somebody who ever know this please teach me.
From:       Simon Liao <simon.liao () ITE ! COM ! TW>
Date:       1998-11-04 9:42:06

Hello friends:

   Could somebody who ever know this please tell me.

  My problem is the following..
  I don't know how to setup Debug environment for tracing Siemens smart card
driver under Windows 95 OS.

  I intend to trace the Siemens Nixdorf serial smart card  driver source
code ,which was come from Microsft MSDN CD, the title of this CD is "
Additional SDKs and Tools", and the version is  July,1998.

 Q1:But how to trace the driver ?
 Q2:what kind of  debug components shall I need ?
 Q3: How to install the debug components ?

  As the readme.txt in the MSDN CD show me the direction about how to
install the debug components below..

     Installing debug components
      ---------------------------

     In order to get debugging messages you need to install the
    debug-components. By installing the kernel mode library smclib.vxd
    into your system directory you'll be enabled to see debug messages
    and debug assertions in a connected debugger like rterm.

    To get debug messages of the smart card resource manager simply copy
    the file scardsvr.exe into your system directory.

  Q4:what is the connected debugger ?
  Q5:what is rterm ?

 simon
 best regards.