List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Problems in NT4
From:       Vince Poole <vpoole () TRITHEIM ! COM>
Date:       1998-09-15 11:58:41

** This was mistakenly sent to SmartcardSDK**

Klaus,

I'm seeing some strange behavior running IFDTEST in NT4 using SMCLIB
dated 5/7/98 and associated .H files:

With the IBM card inserted, my driver correctly powers the card (as
reported by SmartcardUpdateCardCapabilities).  Next the test attempts to
set the protocol to the incorrect value T=0.  First of all, my
SET_PROTOCOL callback never gets called.  I think this is correct since
the CardCapabilities.Protocol.Supported is set to 0x10002, indicating
that only T=1 is supported.  However, SmartcardDeviceControl() returns a
value of 0xC0000008, as reported by the debug message and what gets
displayed by IFDTEST is the following:
Returned 57h, (C0000048)
Expected 32h, (C0000057)

Same thing happens when IFDTEST tries to set the correct protocol.

Looking through NTSTATUS.H, the value 0xC0000008 indicates
INVALID_PARAMETER.  Any idea what might be invalid here?

Thanks for your help.