List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Assertion fails for IOCTL
From:       "Holm, Mikael" <Mikael.Holm () NEXUS ! SE>
Date:       1998-08-17 13:59:41

Hello,

I have installed the new SmartCard DDK for NT 4.0 and started testing vendor
defined IOCTLs. I declare my IOCTL code used in the SCardControl function
with:

myIoctl = SCARD_CTL_CODE( 0x8000 );

I have intitialized a callbackfunction as done in the example code but it
doesn't get that far. In the debugger I get a message saying:

*** Assertion failed:
(ioStackLocation->Parameters.DeviceIoControl.IoControlCode >> 16) ==
FILE_DEVICE_SMARTCARD
***   Source File: C:\DDK\src\smartcrd\smclib\smcnt.c, line 665

The definition for the SCARD_CTL_CODE in winsmcrd.h definitely contains the
FILE_DEVICE_SMARTCARD constant and is defined as 0x00000031.  All other
IOCTL codes works fine.

Could someone please help me out with this problem, what could be wrong ?

Kind Regards,

Mikael Holm