List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: PnP External COM Device
From:       Klaus Schutz <kschutz () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-08-05 0:06:28

The serial enumerator is part of the OS, it is not a 'conventional program'.
The enumerator queries all serial devices on boot and on manual
'refresh' through the device manager. Once your device answers to a PnP
query,
the enumrator initiates the installation/start process of the driver.

Klaus U. Schutz
Microsoft