List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Certificate Question
From:       Michael Jones <mjones () INTERSERV ! COM>
Date:       1998-07-22 23:47:04

Backgound:
We need to store and retrieve keys and certificates on our smart card.
To accomplish this, we are planning to implement a CSP which can be
accessed by
any CAPI 2.0 compliant application.
The CSP DLL, based on the MSDN documentation, supports the following
entry
points for key import/export: CPImportKey and CPExportKey.
We do not find analogous entry points for import/eport certificates,
such as
CPImportCertificate and CPExportCertficate.
If the CSP will not support the CPImportCertificate and CPExport
Certficate,
how can we store and retrieve certficates on a smart card.

Question:
Based on reading the MSDN documentation on smart card architecture, we
find
that SCCP (Smart Card Crypto Provider) supports the import/export of
certificates on smart cards. But we have been unsuccessful in obtaining
detailed documentation on developing a SCCP. Specifically, we would like
to get
information on the following:
What are the interfaces of SCCP ?
What entry points are supported by the SCCP ?
How does the SCCP access the smart card?
What tools are required to build the SCCP ?
Where is the official Microsoft documentation on SCCP ?