List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: Question about IFDTEST & SMCLIB
From:       Klaus Schutz <kschutz () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-06-23 22:50:37

David,

the test program takes the information the driver provides.
You create two dos device names for the same device instance,
so the test program will get the same channel number for
both instances. Creating a second link won't create a new
device.

Regarding your other problem, the test program will only
get the correct device name if you start it without the
reader name parameter. You can, however, use the vendor
name paramter as described in the documentation.

Klaus U. Schutz
Microsoft