List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    SmartcardT1Reply()
From:       Lin Wai Hung <waihung () ACS ! COM ! HK>
Date:       1998-06-11 8:49:52

Hi all,

I am testing out my own developed Win95 IFD handler using the IFDTEST.EXE.
The test fails in Part D, Test No. 3 of the Siemens' Sicrypt card. The
program fails with the following message:

Test No.3
WRITE BINARY 255 bytes            *fail
-IOCTL call failed:
   Returned    0H  (00000000H)
   Expected  45dH  (C0000186H)

I traced my program and found that the card return me a SW1 SW2 of 6D 00
after the WRITE BINARY command. I passed this result to SmartcardT1Reply()
and it returned me a status code of 0 and that is the reason of causing the
test fail.

Is it true that the SmartcardT1Reply() should interpert the 6D 00 status
word and return with C0000186H? If this is not the case, why the IFDTEST
program expected to have a C0000186H return code?

Best Regards,

Lin Wai Hung
Advanced Card Systems Ltd.