List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: T1 255 Byte Write Transfer
From:       Klaus Schutz <kschutz () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-06-05 18:22:27

Thomas,

for T=1 transfers, there is one important rule:
Don't make any decision to abort a T=1 transmission yourself.
Even if you don't get an answer from the smart card at all, keep
calling SmartcardT1Reply and ONLY when this function returns an
error, abort the transmission and return this error code.

This certainly applies to SmartcardT1Request, too. If this function
returns an error, please return this error code immediately.

Klaus U. Schutz
Microsoft Corp.