List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: USB keyboard SCard reader
From:       Dennis Chang <dennis () ALCORMICRO ! COM>
Date:       1998-03-28 0:12:44

Klaus,

Interesting to note question raised by Qinghua regarding USB
keyboard/SmartCard integrated device. We do have the same problem as well.
What's more interesting is that WHQL actually defined a step-by-step
qualification procedure for USB SmartCard reader in SmartCard test session,
in that document, USB SmartCard is considered as a HID device in most of the
case. HidView is actually one of the test item. As far as my understanding,
there is neither definition for "SmartCard class" in USB nor "SmartCard
page" in "Hid Class".

Any comment welcome.

Dennis Chang
Alcor Micro, Inc.