List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: An interesting problem
From:       Klaus Schutz <kschutz () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-03-13 19:03:02

Baiju,

what you describe is a 'bug' of the control panel application in NT4
When you change/add/delete the settings for a serial port
this application changes the object name for the device from
\Device\Serialx to \Device\Serial1000x.
All you can do is to manually delete the key
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Serial\Parameters
to reset it to the old settings

Klaus U. Schutz
Software Design Engineer
Microsoft Corporation