List:       ms-scriptlets
Subject:    Installer for Web Based application
From:       Sanjeev Srivastava <ssrivastava () NPI ! STPN ! SOFT ! NET>
Date:       2000-03-08 18:39:02

Hello All,

    I wanted to know , if how to create Microsoft Internet Information =
Server virtual root on a Web server computer, while making an installer =
for my web based product, so that the root is designated =
http://<servername>/myproduct and one can use it to reference the =
default asp / html page. Currently I am searching for inetpub\wwwroot on =
the web server computer on which my product is to be installed and then =
storing the files by making my directory, followed by copying all the =
files to that directory. Though it works, but I am not able to set the =
default asp page that should appear on browsing my directory. Let me =
know if it is possible through installer, as I can always do that using =
Internet Service Manager.

I am using Install Shield for my installer.

thanks in anticipation

Sanjeev