List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: [Lsr] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-lsr-isis-fast-flooding-08: (with COMMENT)
From:       bruno.decraene () orange ! com
Date:       2024-04-02 15:17:46

Erik,

Thank you for your review and comments.

Please see inline [Bruno]

-------------------------------------
> CAUTION : This email originated outside the company. Do not click on any =
links or open attachments unless you are expecting them from the sender.

> ATTENTION : Cet e-mail provient de l'ext=E9rieur de l'entreprise. Ne cliq=
uez pas sur les liens ou n'ouvrez pas les pi=E8ces jointes =E0 moins de con=
naitre l'exp=E9diteur.
-------------------------------------

> Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-lsr-isis-fast-flooding-08: No Objection
>
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all ema=
il addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introd=
uctory paragraph, however.)

> Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handlin=
g-ballot-positions/
> for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-fast-flooding/

> COMMENT:
>
> # Internet AD comments for draft-ietf-lsr-isis-fast-flooding-08
> CC @ekline
>
> * comment syntax:
  > - https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
>
> * "Handling Ballot Positions":
  > - https://ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positio=
ns/

> ## Comments
>
> * I like that it's Experimental, but it might be good to have text around
  > what a "successful experiment" would like for when/if this comes back
  > around to be elevated to Standards Track.
>
>   I'm assuming a successful experiment includes plenty of "plugfest"
  > interoperability testing.  But of more interest would be having some
  > report about congestion control lessons learned (vis S6 proposals).

[Bruno] Actually we do have data and report about this and we presented mai=
n points to the LSR WG during IETF 111.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/111/materials/slides-111-lsr-22-flow-c=
ongestion-control-00.pdf
But only with a single implementation (Free Range Routing)

Best regards,
--Bruno
___________________________________________________________________________=
_________________________________
Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confiden=
tielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu=
 ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages el=
ectroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou =
falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged inf=
ormation that may be protected by law;
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and dele=
te this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been =
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.