List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: [Lsr] WG adoption call for draft-acee-lsr-ospf-transport-instance-02
From:       "Ketan Talaulikar \(ketant\)" <ketant=40cisco.com () dmarc ! ietf ! org>
Date:       2021-05-24 18:03:03

Hello Authors,

Some post adoption comments/feedback on the draft :

1) RFC6823 for ISIS GenApp allows that top-level TLV to be also advertised in the \
"default instance". Each application is able to specify whether this is allowed or \
not for itself. Any plans to follow the same approach in OSPF?

2) The application specific information may not only be associated with the node. We \
also need the ability to advertise the application specific info associated with the \
link and prefix as well. There was some feedback on this point during the adoption \
call as well with which I concur. How would this be addressed? Via Transport Link and \
Prefix LSAs? Or is each application expect to be bring in the link and prefix \
descriptors under the application TLV in the proposed LSA? IMHO, it would be valuable \
to preserve the granularity of advertisement offered by OSPF via LSAs for this \
use-case as well.

Thanks,
Ketan