List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    [Lsr] FW: New Version Notification for draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement-06.txt
From:       "Aijun Wang" <wangaj3 () chinatelecom ! cn>
Date:       2021-03-26 6:42:28

Hi, Acee :

We have uploaded the updated version of the PUA draft( \
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement) \
and think it addressed the issues that discussed on the LSR mailing list. After \
presenting this idea several times on the IETF meetings, and discussed also several \
rounds on the mailing list, we think it is time to begin the WG adoption call on this \
idea. Alternate solutions to the scenarios described in this draft are also welcome.

The update for this draft is mainly in section 7 "Deployment Considerations", which \
describes the following information: 1. Which node should be upgraded to support the \
PUA to accomplish the task.(ABRs and related PEs need to support this features.) 2. \
How to limit the advertisement of unnecessary PUA message?(ABR can configure the \
protected prefixes) 3. How long the PUA message will be advertised?(Last for a \
configurable period to allow the service on the failed prefixes switchover) 4. Will \
PUA announce for the non-used inactive prefixes within the summary range?(No, ABR \
will only advertise the PUA message when the prefix status is changed from active to \
down)

Are the above updates addresses your concerns for this draft?
If so, we would like to ask for the WG adoption call. If not, would you like to raise \
it within the mailing list, and we will try to address them to forward this draft.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Aijun Wang
China Telecom