List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-dontula-lsr-yang-dynamic-flooding-03.txt
From:       tom petch <ietfc () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2020-10-13 11:34:49

From: Tony Li <tony1athome@gmail.com> on behalf of tony.li@tony.li <tony.li@tony.li>
Sent: 15 September 2020 22:17

Our apologies.  We're on it.

<tp>
Thank you, -04 is much easier to digest although perhaps not easy:-(

I think that the I-D needs to decide what to do with OpenConfig which appears a lot \
in one module and makes it hard to read.  If this is going to be an IETF module, then \
I think that it all has to go, perhaps via an appendix while the I-D is under \
development.

The lack of text makes it hard to know what is intended.  I reverse engineer the YANG \
to find out what it is meant to do and lo and behold the YANG does just that.  I \
think that the base OSPF YANG module gets it just right with its mix of text and tree \
diagram, so I can see what it is trying to do, see at a high level and then go to the \
detail of the YANG.  Several other routing area I-D are similar although by no means \
all.

Also the lack of references, or the minimal descriptions, or both make it hard to \
follow. so algorithm is uint8, connection type is uint8, what is an ID in number of \
IDs?, index is uint16, priority is uint8 but what is high what low? and so on.  I \
should not need to know lsr-dynamic-flooding off by heart in order to make sense of \
this.

And
- Security Considerations is plain wrong; go read YANG Guidelines:-)
- IANA Considerations ditto
- XXXX is used as a placeholder for two different I-D
-  ietf-ospf-dynflood would be consistent and less error prone IMHO
- RFC6991, RFC8349 need to be Normative references
- Introduction should reference OSPFv3
- objects and identities relating to TLV need references - they are ever harder to \
                find in the IETF literature
- ospf should be capitalised, LEEF probably not
- several abbreviations need expanding on first use perhaps in a terminology section; \
                usually there is one such for YANG terminology
- I wonder if ospf-dynamic-flooding would be a better feature name given there are \
the two of them side-by-side

Tom Petch

Tony