List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: OSPF/Unnumbered
From:       Acee Lindem <acee () REDBACK ! COM>
Date:       2004-10-08 12:55:26

Hi Fabien,

While this solution would simplify the virtual link neighbor address selection,
I don't think we should change the LSA link format at this time. Many
implementations use a heuristic of determining whether the best path
link data is a valid IP address and, if not, searching the virtual link
endpoint router's backbone router LSA for a routable address. You
can look at an example of this in John Moy's GPL ospf
implementation (www.ospf.org).

Hope this helps,
Acee