List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: OSPF Traffic Engineering implementation
From:       Pyda Srisuresh <srisuresh () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2001-10-24 12:54:02

Hi Chitti,

Your implementation approach seems about right. Native-LSDB, TE-LSDB and
TE-flooding are key to this.

As for configuration and monitoring, I would suggest extending
debug/display facilities to display TE-adjacencies and TE-LSDB.
Extend router configuration to support the following (sec 10).
     1. TE properties for the router.
     2. On a per-Interface basis:
              - Traffic type permitted:  (Native-IP, TE or both)
              - TE properties.

As for TE LSAs, I would suggest the following order of priority for
implementation (assuming, you are using an IP network).
     1. TE-Router LSA (Sec 7.1), and TE-Link-Update LSA (Sec 7.6)
     2. TE-Circuit-paths LSA (Sec 7.5)
     3. TE-Summary LSAs (Sec 7.3) and TE-AS-external LSAs (sec 7.4)

Thanks. Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

regards,
suresh

=====