List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: question about flooding procedure ...
From:       Alex Zinin <zinin () AMT ! RU>
Date:       2000-02-09 10:05:15

Mahesh,

As Amritansh correctly pointed out, the item 6
refers to the case when the received LSA is less
recent or the same as the one in the LSDB, *and*
is in the LSRequest list of the neighbor who
sent it to you.

The reason for restarting the DB exchange process
is to handle possible errors in the flooding/exchanging
processes.

If the above situation happens, it indicates
that you most probably have a bug in determining
which LSA is more recent, or have not removed the old LSA
from the LSRequest list while doing 13.3/1/b when
a newer LSA was received from another neighbor.

BTW, when removing an LSA in 13.3/1/b, don't forget
to check whether the list becomes empty (this is
not said explicitly, only [20] speaks about it).
If so, the DB exchange process is complete and
the nbr FSM should receive the LoadingDone event,
leading it to the state Full.

HTH.

--
Alex