List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: determining the new LSA
From:       zhou wenhui <zwh () MAIL ! NDSC ! COM ! CN>
Date:       1999-12-02 1:51:03

Radia:
I know what's your meaning. In your opinion,in fact,
the "simple meathod" is complex because it needs to
match the long string.
First,I just think that when two LSAs have the same LS SeqNum,
LS checksum and LS age field, maybe these two LSAs are
not identical completely,so the probability that router A chooses
one and router B chooses other one exists. Second,when two LSAs
have the same LS SeqNum and LS checksum,we need to turn to
the age field, at this situation, the "simple meathod" is simple.
Now, I know I have made a big mistake: the probability for two
LSAs have the same LS SeqNum and LS checksum is small.In fact,
it is close to impossible.

When we choose the LSA which has greater age value,
The probability we choose the wrong one is 50 percent,right?
I think so.