List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: OSPF Multicat Messages
From:       "Moy, John" <John.Moy () SYCAMORENET ! COM>
Date:       1999-08-19 20:14:55

The OSPF multicast addresses AllSPFRouters and AllDRouters are
link-local multicast addresses. The semantics of these addresses require
that you specify the interface when sending. For example, in the BSD
socket interface you would use the IP_MULTICAST_IF setsockopt()
to specify what interface the packet is to be sent out of.

John