List:       ms-ospf
Subject:    Re: Cisco OSPF question
From:       Chris Whyte <cwhyte () CISCO ! COM>
Date:       1998-11-10 23:40:14

If memory serves, it depends on how Router A loses it's connectivity to the
outside. For example, just loses it's adjacency (but not physical
connectivity) vs loses physical connectivity. I'm almost certain we treat
these two occurences differently.

The way we treat the former doesn't necessarily conform to the spec (again
if I remember correctly). But conforming to the spec isn't always the best
thing to do either. There were some good reasons why we do what we do but I
suggest you address this issue through better channels as this mailing list
is not intended to deal with cisco related OSPF issues.

Using Open Forum on CCO, send an e-mail to cisco@spot.colorado.edu or work
through your local SE. Meanwhile I'll dig through my notes or see if I can
remember our reasons and respond directly.

Thanks,

Chris