List:       ms-java-com
Subject:    ClassFactory cannot supply requested class - ASP 0177 (0x80040111)
From:       Craig Trim <craigtrim () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2002-03-26 18:39:10

Hi,

I was hoping for some assistance in creating a simple Java class and calling
it from an ASP.
Here's the error I received:

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80040111)
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

trying to call this java class (Hello.java):
public class Hello {
        public String getString() {
                return "Hello, World";
        }
}

from this asp:
<%@ LANGUAGE = VBScript %>
<%  Option Explicit     %>
<%
        Server.CreateObject("hello")
%>

under this environment:
W2K Pro SP2, IE 6, MS SDK for Java 4.0

under MS SDK, I've used JAVAREG: javareg /register /class:Hello
/progid:Hello
The registry entry appears under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Hello

I've placed the .class file inside of %windir%\java\trustlib.

classpath dump:
$ echo %classpath%
.;C:\xalan-j_2_2_0\bin\xalan.jar;C:\xalan-j_2_2_0\bin\xerces.jar;%java_home%\lib
\jdbc2_0-stdext.jar;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\java\db2java.zip;C:\Program
Files\SQ
LLIB\java\runtime.zip;C:\Program Files\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip;C:\Program
Files\SQL
LIB\bin;C:\WINNT\java\trustlib;

Any tips would be much appreciated.  I did a search on this mailing list and
it looks like other people have had similar problems in past posts.  So if
anyone who has had this problem before can spot an obvious error in my code,
I would appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance,
Craig Trim