List:       ms-java-com
Subject:    Re: Does J++ XML Parser support DCDs?  DataChannel parser?
From:       "Edwards, Jayme" <JCEdwards () SOFTWARE ! ROCKWELL ! COM>
Date:       1999-02-26 17:47:07

The datachannel XML parser was developed by MS and datachannel, and is a 100% pure \
implementation of the IE5 XMLDOM and associated technologies (XSL, XLL, etc.).  I \
don't know if it will be included in future VMs, since the IE5 XMLDOM already \
includes this functionality albeit being targeted at the Win32 platform (and thus \
could easily be wrapped and put into a package like they did with com.ms.ie).  I'm \
fairly certain, however, that both implementations will have some support for \
Schemas.  I downloaded the XJ2 parser a while ago and never got around to \
investigating Schemas.

Jayme Edwards
Rockwell Software
SoftLogix Extensions - http://www.softautomation.com/slx