List:       ms-java-com
Subject:    Re: Java COM wrappers for MTS installed VB COM objects.
From:       "Rode, Mike" <mrode () SYNTELLECT ! COM>
Date:       1999-02-25 22:40:14

Let me add more on this topic:

I attempting to interact with a third party VB COM object which is
registered in MTS.  I guess my question is, how do I interact with the COM
objects remotely?  The TPV has supplied a client package which registers the
COM objects to access a RemoteServerName.  I have also requested the VB COM
objects DLL which I'm using to generate the COM wrappers, with jactivex, for
Java to use.  Everytime I attempt to access a method on the COM objects I
get an error stating the COM object does not support the interface.  Someone
told me somewhere that MTS wraps this COM objects with new Interface ID.
Any help would be appreciated.

Also note I can access and work with the COM objects using VBScripts.