List:       ms-java-com
Subject:    Re: Changing IDL
From:       Chris Berry <CBerry () WORKS ! COM>
Date:       1998-11-24 18:11:38

Mark,
I use essentially the same technique. In fact, I do the same thing when
using the VC++ ATL. I personally do not find this too cumbersome. I modify
my IDL, rerun my jactivex makefile, and rebuild my wrappers. I do not
typically have to modify these generated wrappers. I then modify my
coclasses to reflect the mods I made to the IDL. I find it quickest to do
this by hand-editing the files, even when I use the ATL. On this list, I
often see people lamenting that VJ6 doesn't have Wizards like ATL. In my
experience, I have found that after the initial creation, Wizards take more
time than simply doing it myself.
-- Chris