List:       ms-dcom
Subject:    Re: Access/Launch permissions
From:       Jos Scherders <jos.scherders () PHILIPS ! COM>
Date:       2003-08-19 12:00:03

Hi,

I found the problem.

In addition to creating the loacl users adding them to the AccessPermission
and LaunchPermission registry keys I needed to change the local security
policy. Under Local Security Policy->Network Access I changed the setting

      Sharing and Security model for local accounts
      from
      Guest only - local users authenticate as Guest
      Classic - local users authenticate as themselves

I also set the min authentication level to Packet but I am not sure this
is in fact nessecary.

Jos.